Friday, July 22, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week… I have been super duper busy playing wedding planner for a dear friend of mine's wedding.

In our homeschool this week… I am preparing a camping curriculum to start with the kids next week as something both fun for the kids this summer and informative for when we take our camping trip at the end of the summer.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Sometimes, it's just not going to happen, and that's ok.

I am inspired by… ">My "mom's of many" friends. My friends that have 4 or more kids, and still manage to do so much...when I'm doubting whether I'll be able to do something or not, I always tell myself, if "so and so" can do it, so can I.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… A wedding on the 23rd for one of my good friends. :)

My favorite thing this week was…Dancing with my baby boy at the wedding. He missed me and I made sure I got some one on one time in with him. He is so stinkin cute!
What’s working/not working for us… What's not working, is doing nothing...I need to get my butt in gear!

Questions/thoughts I have… Am I insane for trying to do half the things I do?

Things I’m working on… A sun dress for a friend. A doily for my mother in law. A new recycled nursing dress pattern!

I’m reading… Anne of Avonlea...and I should start The Tempest and True Grit soon! lol!

I’m cooking… Yummy cupcakes from scratch again...I made chocolate with chocolate peanut butter icing, and lemon with strawberry filling, and cream cheese frosting! I also made these AWESOME appetizers called BLT bites...I'll post the recipe soon!

I’m grateful for… The talents God has blessed me with so that I can bless others.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Coby lost his first tooth this week! I can hardly believe he's so big!

No comments: